Owen McGrann. Idealistic pragmatist.
Well, well, well – what do we have here?
Years ago, I vowed I would never write another bio; I’ve written at least ten since. Why? It turns out I really love meeting people and putting my thumb on the scale to help great things happen in their lives.
I just can’t give you up!
Wendy Witt and I have teamed up here at Purely Estates Law Group to leverage that scale in our community’s favor.
May I let you in on a dirty little secret?
I came within about a minute of dying without an estate plan. A literal last-minute moonshot surgery saved my life. I know, I know: “Isn’t this what you do?“
It’s what I do now! I had visions of my then-fiancee, Audra, having to run my estate through probate – and it’s a good thing I survived because I would have heard for all eternity what a pain it was to probate an estate without an estate plan.
From the moment I returned home, my focus shifted from bet-the-company litigation to working on estates-related matters. Working with families and helping them plan for the future and work through confusing probate and elder law gobbledegook (that’s a technical term).
I knew i had a calling: helping families work through estate planning, probate, and elder law issues
Thank you for thinking of working with Wendy and me. It is such a privilege to partner with folks like you to ensure that you and your family are properly cared for. You and folks like you are exactly why I love this work so much. There is no better feeling than being able to help. I mean, if you got emails like this, would you ever do anything else?
Eight months ago, I was shaking with anger and had issues sleeping because of the mess we were in. Today, that is mostly behind us and it goes without saying that we wouldn’t be here without you. Our family is and will always be eternally grateful for your work on the estate.
So come on, smash that button below and let’s get to work!
The Book on Owen
- Protecting Families with Solid, Comprehensive Estate Planning since 2009
- Experienced protecting families who are just starting out, those somewhere in the middle, and those attaining high net worth
- Protecting high net worth families, including federal estate and generation tax planning and domestic asset protection planning.
- Expertise in business succession planning.
- Organ transplant survivor.
- Founder of McGrannLAW LLC, a firm dedicated to startups and small businesses.
- Work featured on numerous podcasts, including The Law Entrepreneur.
- Co-author of Pennsylvania Premises Liability, published by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute.
- Gleeful musician.
- Thought leader on value based pricing legal models.
- Six-time defending champion Pennsylvania SuperLawyer Rising Star! (If you’re into awards.)
- Contributor to DigiCounsel, presenting on Value Based Billing.
- Continuing Education Presenter for Attorneys, Judges, Financial Advisors, Bankers, Insurance Professionals.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Binghamton University, MA in English
- Denison University, BA in Philosophy and English
Click Here to schedule your free discovery call
Pittsburgh | Pine Township | Fox Chapel